iPhone Super Retina OLED displays are the pride of Apple. Reference brightness and contrast, accurate color reproduction, and instant response – using such a smartphone is a pleasure. Can fake ones guarantee the same? Let’s figure it out.
We have written this guide for anyone who buys an iPhone secondhand or from unauthorized resellers. And also for those who are going to replace the broken screen in the service.
iPhone display: what you need to know
For iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max installed Super display Retina. iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, and iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max have Super Retina XDR displays. Both modules are designed under Apple standards specifically for the iPhone. For them to work together as correctly as possible, the company even takes iOS software into account.
Fake iPhone Display: What Can Go Wrong?
If a non-original display was installed in the service center, there may be such problems:
- Multi – The touch function works worse. For example, the screen does not respond well to touch, or pressing does not work in all areas.
- The proximity sensor is broken. Then, during a call, the display does not go out, and the buttons are pressed involuntarily.
- True function Tone does not work correctly or does not work at all.
- The ambient light sensor performs poorly, causing colors to look dull and brightness inconsistent with the surroundings.
- The maximum brightness level is too low.
- Color calibration is not performed correctly. For example, colors are displayed with a blue or yellow tint.
- The battery drains quickly.
- There is no oleophobic coating, and the display itself is fragile. After a few months of use, you will be looking at the picture through the pattern of scratches.
That’s why the difference between the Chinese iPhone display and the original one is its unpredictability. It is impossible to predict where and when a fake will “shoot”.
What kind of iPhone displays are there?
Apple supplies original parts only to authorized service centers. They are the same as those that are put on the new iPhone. In the free sale, you can find only spare parts that were in use. And this is not the worst option if you are confident in the competence of the master. The original “donor” display (if installed correctly) can serve you for a long time.
Worse, if the display is a Chinese copy. It is difficult to determine which of them are of high quality and which are not. You don’t see the manufacturer’s certificates and you don’t know how the module will behave with iOS.
How to distinguish the original iPhone display?
Fortunately, the smartphone itself can do this. To verify the authenticity of the display, go to Settings > General > About this device. If the original display has been replaced, this will be reflected in the “History of Parts and Service”.
- The message “Genuine Apple Part” means that the display is original and new.
- “Unknown Replacement Part” appears if the display is non-original, not working properly, or has been previously used in another iPhone. And also if the installation was done incorrectly.
Replacement parts and service history is available on iPhone 11 and newer models. The exception is the iPhone SE 2nd and 3rd generations. iOS 15.2 or later must be installed.
This method of checking is much more objective than determining “by eye” problems with brightness, contrast, or color reproduction.
Display modules for iPhone can be original, original, but second-hand, as well as copies of different quality. Everything except the original ones is a risk. Because they were not designed and manufactured to Apple quality standards.
If you don’t want to run into an “original iPhone 7 display” that turns out to be a cheap fake, trust the professionals. After all, the role is played not only by the quality of the new module but also by the competence of the master. It is important that he knows how to handle Apple technology and has special equipment.
Apple Service Center in Georgia
Only authorized service centers have access to new original spare parts for iPhones. In Georgia, this is iSupport. Our engineers will quickly diagnose your device and quote a repair price.
Contacting us will save you from worrying that the display will be of poor quality or will quickly fail. Because we install only those modules that are produced at the Apple factory specifically for the iPhone. And so you can make sure everything works flawlessly, we provide a guarantee.
გამოიწერეთ iSpace და გაეცანით სიახლეებს პირველი.